21 Sep PCR Tests Now Available at UKSS
UK Screening Soloutions are pleased to now offer Coronavirus PCR Tests In-Clinic. You will visit a UKSS clinic where our team will take a swab sample from your throat and nasal tissue. The sample will undergo laboratory analysis that has a <98% accuracy rate at detecting an active COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
- COVID-19 PCR testing kit, tests whether you have COVID-19 or not.
- At least 98% sensitivity (true positives) and 100% specificity (true negatives).
- Throat and nasal swab test.
- COVID-19 travel certificates available – show you’re safe to fly.
- If you test positive, one of our team will call you to talk you through how to manage symptoms and your health.
- Laboratory results available within 48 hours of receipt by lab. UKSS will share your results by email as soon as we receive them. [Tests returned to the laboratory via postal service may be subject to delays outside of our control.
The test can be performed easily using a swab that takes samples from the throat and the nose. The PCR test detects the presence of COVID-19 viral RNA and is most appropriate during the earliest stages after exposure to the virus, and should be undertaken when someone suspects they have COVID-19, or if they believe they have been recently exposed to it. The scientific consensus is that the virus can stay in your nose and throat for 14 days but it can be shorter or longer in some people. Therefore a negative result may also mean the virus was not in your nose and throat when the test was done, or the swab test was not correctly done. The test has a sensitivity of at least 98% which means that there is also a chance of up to 2% of recording a false negative reading.
Why you may need a PCR test
You may need a PCR test for COVID-19 if you are planning to travel abroad from the United Kingdom or return to work. As restrictions on travel are gradually lifted, many destination countries require a medical certificate showing proof of a negative test result for COVID-19, either to gain entry or to avoid the need to quarantine.
If you suspect that you may have COVID-19, but only mild symptoms or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19, we recommend that you book a PCR test and, in line with NHS advice, self-isolate for 7 days from when symptoms started. If you live with others you should self-isolate for 14 days from when the first person in the house became ill.
For further information and to book you test please get in touch.